女人爱美不要命
Wednesday, 19 August 2009


You must be wondering why I say "女人爱美不要命"? Well.. cuz I'm one of them... hahaaa.. Without much research and thought, I made a very hasty decision to go for pore minimisation under my dermatologist's recommendation. She recommended me to go for 3 sessions - 1 session of Subscission and 2 sessions of Fractional Co2 Laser.

Session 1: Subscission (Pain level: 2.5/5, Downtime: 2/5)
After applying the numbing cream for an hr, I was at the mercy of the doctor. A filler substance was injected under my skin with a fine needle to lift the depressed scar (which hurts!). After the injection, subscission (using a needle to break up scar tissue) was then performed. Painful but still bearable.. Downtime: 2 days. 1st day, my skin was all reddish and pimplish. 2nd day, the acne scars turned blue-black which heals over the next week.

Session 2: Fractional Co2 Laser (Pain level: 4/5!!, Downtime: 4/5)
After applying the numbing cream for 1.5 hr (cuz the pain is greater so nurse advise me to put the cream for a longer time), I was all ready and unaware of what is waiting for me... The Co2 laser process is definitely not for the faint-hearted. It's not only super painful, it also gives out a strong burning smell and smoke can be seen emitting from the laser machine. It felt like the doctor is "stamping" short but painful electrical currents all over my face (total time taken: 20-30 mins for the entire face) and it hurts even more near sensitive parts of my face like the area near the neck and eyes. It's so painful that I didn't notice I was trembling all over with tears in my eyes.. What is worse was that for the entire 1st 2 days, my face not only felt like it was on FIRE, it also cause so much discomfort that I can't get much sleep. My entire face was so very red and sore that I dun even dare to look at myself (exactly like how a burnt patient will looked like). 2 days of torture! I was told to moisturise my face often and stay in an air conditioned room to be more comfortable. The doctor even warn me "NO EXPOSURE TO SUNLIGHT" (so have to hide inside the room with curtains drawn up all day), no rubbing, no scratching, no turning about when sleeping, etc.. hahaa.. Luckily Day 3-5, my skin starts turning brown and thank god, it starts to peel like what happens to a sunburn skin. It took almost a week for most of the little brown scabs to dry up and fall off my face. Upon examining my face closely, I noticed that my pores have diminished (wee bit) and my complexion even had a rosy glow to it. The doctor mentioned that the best results will be after 3-4 mths (as you need time to let the skin/collagen grow)

After the experienced I had, now I've to decide whether to go for my 2nd laser which is scheduled 3 weeks later... 要美 or 要命?? Hahahaaa


09:56 | back to top

about us


Hello! Welcome to our blog!

♥ Angel & Hao ♥


reminscence



darlinks

Alister
Leslie
Nicholas
Peifun
Tristyn
Gary
Lani


doglinks

Camry
Furby & Enen
Mimi & Coco
Princess Peach
Mdm Wong's Shelter


credits

designer: stephanie
banner: sweetsugar


classics


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Canon in D by Pachelbel